Tuesday, September 28, 2010

You WHAT?

As a sane, rational, normal Mother I have always given my children sage advice for life.
For example:
If you sit that close to the TV, you'll go blind.
Do not play with fire OR ever light the school on fire again.
Do not put anything smaller than your elbow in your nose.
Don't play in the street and look both ways before you cross the street.
Especially for my son: Marry in haste, repent at HER leisure with your money.
These are just a few of the bits of wisdom I have dispensed during their growing up years, and since they left the nest I have continued to add to this collection every now and then with advice from the Mothership.
Not that I am bossy or anything, but the phrase "Didn't I tell you not to" has prefaced many a (clearing of throat here) short talk on whichever catastrophic consequence just befell them.
And so I went blithely along thinking all my children were well grounded and practicing safety and relative sanity since the wrath of Mom meant one of these "short talks" AND I certainly had all my bases covered.
I did not think I needed to say "Never jump out of an airplane".
Then Tobi went and jumped out of an airplane. With about 1 hours training. With her fellow Mother of small children cousin Jennifer. Here in Colorado. Wearing nothing but matching t-shirts and jeans.
(Has anyone here seen those blow up sumo wrestling suits?)
What in the world would possess a 29 year old mother of 2 to jump from a plane? I don't care if Brad Pitt and a million dollars was on the ground right below me for the taking, I just can not imagine doing it.
Now in her defense, she screamed like a little girl and had to be thrown out of the plane. This shows a level of sanity I have come to expect from someone with my upbringing under her belt.
So I am
OFFICIALLY
Saying it
NEVER JUMP OUT OF A PLANE.

No comments:

Post a Comment