Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fare thee well to the blues

Today I smashed another PortKey on the way to work and wondered if I have a manic depressive disease as I giggled gleefully down the road. Yesterday was blue, today is ultra cheerful. Well, not exactly ultra cheerful but so much better it is opposite.
Every morning for the last 2 or so years I have smashed a blue Pepsi can with my car tire on the way to work under a double bridge. It is always in the same spot, before the first bridge about 2 feet out away from it. After the 1st year of this BD and I started making up stories about how it is a "PortKey" from Harry Potter and there is a Wizard using these Pepsi cans to get to the Dragon Hatchery every morning. The place is really a refinery and smells terrible, spouts flames, has a huge holding tank... If you've read HP, you get the point. Anyway, the can is missing every once in a while and I wonder if today will be the day my secret Pepsi dropper stops dropping his can in the same spot.
I can't imagine what possesses whoever it is to drop a pop can with the top facing the same way in almost the exact same spot every day. I used to think well here is where he finishes it on the way to work and so he tosses the can out. But every day? Facing the same way? Always a Pepsi can? For 2 years? It is not like this spot is convenient either. It is under a double bridge for trains so I know it can not be coming from above. It would roll and be in a different spot now and then if it was not being placed carefully since this is a road, not a basket.
I also saw a couple of squibs cleaning up all the flattened cans a couple of times. Actually they were very strangely dressed with a basket and collecting cans on a tiny little-known road under a bridge in Commerce City, but hey can collecting is a job now a days, isn't it?
Anyway now it is several days later, the blues are gone and it is a new week! Happy Birthday to Phoenix!

No comments:

Post a Comment