Thursday, March 17, 2011

A bit o' luck would be nice.

Today is St. Patricks day. I am not sure where this came from or why our country celebrates it, but Green is one of my favorite colors so I’m ok with it. The grandkids love the green and holiday too so it is a two-fer.


The business I work for is going under. You know how you can just tell? I can just tell. Nobody says anything about it or does anything and we are still buying and moving into the new location; but I can see a shadow on the wall. We are going down.

Working in accounting does this for you. 2 years ago we were buying cranes and land and other vehicles. Now we have to wait to pay bills and it’s like a major thing to buy a sticky pad. You don’t have to see the “Who moved my Cheese?” movie to see this one coming. It is totally scary for someone who lives paycheck to paycheck to see this kind of change and KNOW I could not survive if the worst case scenario did happen.

With that in mind BD and I are selling plazma. We are going to start Friday and see if they will take it. I’m taking Robert too to see if he can do it. Welcome to the recession. Get in line, nobody will be over to help you ever.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry Mom. I hope if your work does go down in flames that you'll be able to find a new job quickly. Chin up!

    ReplyDelete