Friday, August 6, 2010

The passing of a Father

For those of you who randomly search my engine from time to time. Warren, the father of my children has passed away.
The girls have been very upset over this and they all went to Utah for a gigantic funeral / family reunion.
I remember when my dad passed, and everyone thought I should not be upset. We were not close but he was my father.
Some of his personality rubbed off on me from constant exposure. I am sure some of Warren's personality rubbed off
on the girls during his every-other weekend visits. But soon the tears and sadness will settle down and they will learn to live with the consequences of not having a dad around. I never saw my dad that much after leaving home. But still, having
one you knew was there was comforting. When the kids used to visit, I sent his childhood Christmas Stocking with them one year so he could have it back. I had found it in our Christmas Decorations box and did not want to do anything
to it or with it, so I sent it back. He actually called me and thanked me as his mother made the stocking herself and he had used it for years and years.

A great number of people came to the funeral and other services. As all of them are in Utah, there is a big meeting today and tomorrow for the family.

Good bye Warren, I wish you well in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment